Software Engineer II
SOFTWARE ENGINEER IIRequisition ID
- Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
The Software Engineer (SEII) focuses on development and delivery of software applications that meet the needs of the business. This position requires demonstrated ability to analyze and understand business and functional requirements and to code programs and components for internal and external desktop, web and server applications. The SEII is familiar with multi-tier application architectures and some Service Oriented Architecture.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes full software development life cycle (SDLC) including design and develop system level program specifications and test plans.
- Writes well-designed code for new and/or existing applications including well-documented test plans.
- Develops flowcharts, data layouts, and documentation of new and/or existing applications.
- Provides regular support for existing programs and procedures (7x24).
- Assists with system level user tests, documentation, and training.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in procedures.
- Works alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Must be a self-starter, adapt easily to change and have a collaborative personality.
- Demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and ability to follow through to get required results in established timeframe.
- Understanding of the systems development process and life cycle.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Ability to design effective systems based on user requirements.
- Capable of writing thorough unit, system and user test plans.
- Strong written, oral, and listening communication skills.
- Working understanding of waterfall or Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of general business concepts and user procedures.
- Customer service focused with the ability to build strong working relationships with business partners.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- The SEII has a minimum three years of experience in software development in an Enterprise-level IT organization or software development company. Additionally, the SEII will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer related fields, Science or Engineering
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.