IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR SR- Linux
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR SR- LinuxRequisition ID
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Plans, installs, administers, and maintains operating systems software and related software products. Plans and coordinates or executes all activities related to systems access, security, availability and capacity across multiple platforms. Proactively administers and develops strategy for UNIX and Linux servers, enterprise storage arrays, and Storage Area Network (SAN) technology.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Architect, design, and build complex environments utilizing processor, memory, cache, storage, software and backup strategies. (10%)
- Administer system security, backup and recovery (10%)
- Design and implement configuration management (10%)
- Monitor and tune system performance (15%)
- Capacity planning (15%)
- Support development, testing and production system environments with the ability to trouble shoot and solve complex issues (15%)
- Install and maintain primary vendor and third-party software (10%)
- Plan, test, update, execute and support system disaster recovery process (10%)
- Administer user access to systems, or develop access strategies (5%)
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- AIX operating system (not virtualization platform, just OS)
- KSH scripting
- Databases futures: Kafka, Mongodb
- Platform futures: Ansbile Tower, Hashi Vault, Terraform Enterprise, Satellite 6
- Cloud futures: GCP, Azure
- Experience managing other distributions of Linux: Suse, Ubuntu, Fedora
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Minimum required experience:
- 7+ years supporting production Linux environments with a focus on Red Hat. The role should be an SME in RHEL.
- 7+ years supporting common middle tier stacks: tomcat, apache, nginx, java, Python
- 5 years supporting platforms for enterprise databases: Oracle RAC, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- 3 years supporting open source platform tool(s): Puppet (required), Ansible (desired), Nagios (required), Foreman (desired), Git (required)
- 7+ years scripting language(s): bash (required), Perl (helpful), Python (desired)
- 7+ years exposure to network technologies/protocols: F5, DNS, IP routing, LDAP, AD
- 7+ year exposure to virtualization platforms: vSphere, RHV, oVirt
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology, or equivalent. Degree is not required with extensive experience.
- Operating system administration training classes pertaining to a UNIX operating system. Certifications are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Linux system internals, operating systems and security concepts with a minimum of 7 years experience.
- Large-scale server and data center experience required (experience with businesses similar in size and scope to Dollar General, or larger).
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.