Sr. Network Engineer
NETWORK ENGINEER SRRequisition ID
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Serves as the departmental top-level technical escalation point for all network related issues. Supports Information Services department strategies through development of technological solutions. Provide systems expertise and technical support requiring in-depth understanding in one or more specialized disciplines or platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Based on broad objectives from Management, technical staff and end users, facilitate the design of solutions to complex technical problems. Identify, define and analyze complex problems and provide solutions which require a high level of ingenuity and innovativeness.
- Recommend strategies for the continued improvements in the reliability, scalability and maintainability of assigned network application/system/platform. Responsible for effective monitoring as well as keeping assigned network application/system/platform on line and functioning (includes trouble ticket resolution and network service availability)
- Review, recommend, coordinate and implement designs and analyses related to specific area of responsibility. Prepare plans for installation or migration of new systems. (includes network analysis, design, and build phases).
- Ensure that departmental standards are documented, designed, distributed and updated on a regular basis for assigned applications/systems/platforms.
- Ensure assigned applications/systems/platforms are recoverable in the event of a disaster, emergency or testing sequence. Maintain DR consistency within IT and ensure adherence to corporate DR plans.
- Manage in-scope networks and systems in accordance with the formal change management procedures and processes.
- Provide timely status reports regarding projects and activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert-level understanding of network architecture and solutions, with a focus on Cisco solutions.
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and supporting networks in enterprise-level organizations.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience designing and supporting Voice over IP solutions.
- Expertise with a breadth of network technologies, including routers, firewalls, wireless solutions, multicast solutions, WAN technologies, SDN technologies, etc.
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to maintain current working knowledge of related hardware, software, solutions, and processes.
- Experience participating in large, complex projects.
- Experience with overseeing basic budgeting and procurement processes.
- Experience working with third parties (contractors/consultants).
- Experience with coordinating internal and external auditing efforts in order to meet compliance requirements for network security related procedures, processes and activities.
- Ability to function as the highest point of escalation for network-related issues.
- Able to be a team player and to be customer-service focused.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- BS/BA in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the following technologies: ACI, SDN, Network Security, Nexus, VPC, VSS, OSPF, BGP, RIP, DMVPN, IPSLA, MPLS, SIP, IOS, IOS-XE, F5, Multicast/PIM, VRF, IPSEC on IOS-XE, PFR, WCCP, WAAS, CUBE, QOS
- Cisco certification required (CCNP or CCIE) or equivalent experience.
- 8 – 10 years technical experience in an enterprise network environment preferred.