Sr. Software Engineer
SR SOFTWARE ENGINEERRequisition ID
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Dollar General is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer. The Sr. Software Engineer will function as a senior technical resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for application development and design heavily focused on Oracle platforms. The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, maintenance and support of software applications.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strong experience with PL/SQL and SQL is required in PL\SQL programming is required; - procedures, packages, triggers, functions.
- Performance tuning of PL/SQL statements.
- Excellent skills in writing, maintaining, testing and debugging code in applicable programming languages.
- Unix scripts management.
- Experience with report, like Oracle Reports or UML a plus.
- E/R modeling.
NOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of PL/SQL programming language and database.
- Experience with Oracle 12g environment preferred.
- Understands the Agile process as it relates to SCRUM.
- Proactive identification and communication of programming and/or design issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines while resolving minor project problems.
- Experience using JAVA a big plus, but not required.
- Team player and passion for learning new technologies and mentoring others
- Customer service driven
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- A degree in Computer Science or demonstrated background included 8 or more years of relevant experience in PL/SQL applicable programming language.
- Database modeling and data architecture concepts a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and sizing and coding to user stories
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.