Perform daily tasks in computer operations. These responsibilities include running scheduled and unscheduled batch jobs, monitoring of the AS400, company network, and job scheduler. This position is responsible for preparing backup media for offsite storage.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide Tier-2 support for Business via phone and e-mail during normal business
- Monitor jobs controlled by an automated scheduling system to include adding and removing jobs from the scheduler.
- Use monitoring tools to monitor the company network as well as the nightly store polling system.
- Use monitoring tools to monitor the company store pc network.
- Process phone requests.
- Manually submit batch processing jobs and monitor to completion.
- Troubleshoot problems and assist in problem resolution.
- Notify appropriate personnel of exceptions (ex: batch processing errors).
- Assist shift Team Leader in department initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of hardware configurations.
- Knowledge of AS/400, UNIX and Microsoft commands preferred.
- Working knowledge of automated batch processing.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) tools.
- Good oral communication skills.
- High school diploma required.
- Multi-platform operations experience preferred, including AS/400, UNIX and Microsoft.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.